Scholarship Application Packet HERE
The Board of Directors of Team Up for T1D Kids, a 501 (c) 3 organization, is pleased to announce that we will be awarding a minimum of two scholarships of $1,500 or more, to deserving students in the greater Tri-Cities area.
- Physician validated diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes
- Be a graduating Senior from a public or private high school, home schooled student, or currently enrolled in college, technical school or trade school
- Applicant must demonstrate good academic standing
- Must be a resident of the State of Washington, with preference given to students living in the greater Tri-Cities area
- We will begin accepting completed application packets on February 15, 2019
- The deadline for submission of applications is May 20, 2019
- Applications must be submitted online, or by email.
- A letter from your physician stating that you have been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone other than a family member who can present information supporting your selection as a scholarship recipient.
- A current copy of your transcript. If you are in college, include high school transcript as well.
- A completed application and answers to Personal Essay questions. No word minimum or maximum per topic.
- Selection - The selection committee will be made up of members
of the Board of Directors of Team Up for T1D Kids.
- Winners to be selected and notified via telephone and email no later
than June 15, 2019.
- Scholarship checks will be distributed directly to the school in August,
once it's been verified that the recipients have been accepted and registered to an accredited university, college, technical or trade school.
- Winners are requested to attend the annual Team Up for T1D Kids event-date to be determined.